Trending Now

Tuskys CEO Daniel Githua Forcefully Evicted [VIDEO]

Daniel Githua, CEO of Tuskys Supermarket was forcefully ejected from his office by siblings of the owner who stated that it is time for him to go. With a letter previously circulated to Uliza Links, it purported that the CEO of Tuskys had found to have breached the contract of employment by being a major shareholder of a supplier to the Supermarket.

Daniel Githua who was the first non-family chief executive in the 25 year history of Tuskys is said to have been let go after being found to have breached the contract of employment.

Tuskys CEO, Daniel Gathua
Tusker Mattresses Supermarket CEO, Daniel Gathua


A month ago, Daniel Githua through an official letter was reportedly dismissed by the BOD of directors stating lack of respect to the BOD, being a majority shareholder of a retail company that supplies the supermarket and having exhibited poor performance over the years of the supermarket.

Below is the letter :
We the Board of directors of Tusker Mattresses LTD have terminated your services as the CEO of our company with immediate effect due to reasons cited below.

1.You are an 80% owner of Artemis Africa LTD and Martin Mureithi owning the remaining 20%.
Artemis Africa happens to be Tusker Mattresses Ltd’s employee outsourcing company.

Tuskys 2

2. Lack of respect and arrogance towards the stakeholders of Tusker Mattresses Ltd. You have portrayed disrespect to not only the directors of the company but also to the employees and suppliers of the company.

3. Poor performance of the company compared to previous years.

Accordingly, it would the in the interest of the company and it’s stakeholders for you to leave Tusker Mattresses Ltd with immediate effect.
Yours Faithfully,

tuskys 1

No official communication had been issued by the supermarket but after the ejection the BOD stood with the CEO by stating that the siblings of the Owner of Supermarket acted in their own capacity.

Watch the video below

Link News 2

Court Orders TUSKYS Supermarket To Pay 3M Shillings To It’s Former Employee

A court ruling has ended up giving an ex-employee of  Tuskys Supermarket a huge gratuity after ordering the retailer to pay the former staff a sum of 3 million shillings. The employee who had worked at the supermarket for 13 years had willingly terminated his employment  with the retailer but the management wrongly accused him of violating the company rules.

Tuskys Supermarket
Tuskys Supermarket

Business daily reports :

Even though he had asked to be terminated because of ill health, he said his employer had written to him on May 2 accepting his termination while accusing him of gross misconduct, poor performance and taking two gallons of water without paying.

But Employment and Labour Relations Court judge Byram Ongaya dismissed the supermarket’s accusations and awarded him Sh3,299,260.90.

“The court finds that the letter alleging misconduct was irregular as it had no consequence because it came after the respondent had already accepted the claimant’s resignation thereby bringing the employment relationship to an end,” ruled Justice Ongaya.

The judge added that the former manager was not a member of a trade union at the time the employment relationship ended but since his employer admitted that he was entitled to gratuity because of the promotions, the payment should be awarded based on his salary.

“To meet the ends of justice that gratuity will be computed on the basis of the claimant’s salary at separation being Sh 197,729 from six years ago divided by two making Sh593, 18 because he was not paying monthly contributions,” the judge said.

Tuskys had paid him a half a month salary of Sh98,864 however the judge said he was entitled to rest days’ pay which amounted to Sh1,425,723 for working for 126 public holidays.



Ad Blocker Detected!

Please disable ad blocker to read our stories for Free


Log In

Or with username:

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.