Kubamba Krew Limited (K-Krew), has announced the Launch of Kubamba Music Video Awards (K.M.V.A), an Awards Ceremony aimed at Celebrating Growth and Excellence in Gospel Music Videos.
The event will be held on the 15th of December and will air live on Television. It is the first of its kind in East Africa.
K.M.V.A will be an annual event that aims to celebrate the growth of music video production over the years in the gospel industry. It was a brainchild of Becky Muikia, Media and Communications Director at K-Krew with the overwhelming support of Dj Moz and Njuguna Waiguru; Directors of K-Krew Ltd.
THE CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
• Dancehall/ Reggae Video of the Year – This will award the best video in the Dancehall and/ or Reggae category
• Worship Video of the Year
• Hip hop Video of the Year
• Techno/House/Dance Video of the Year
• African Diaspora Video of the Year— this will award the Best
Video by an African who resides outside the continent.
• Video with Social Message of the Year –This will award the v ideo with a message that cuts across all religious, moral,
• Cinematographer of the Year – This will award the video Producer who has put in commendable effort to put out quality Gospel Music Videos.
• TV Commercial of the Year – This category will award the most creative advert on television.
• Best Cultural Video of the Year – This will award the video that best depicts the Kenyan Culture.
• Best Female Video of the Year – This will award the best video done by a female artist.
• Best Male Video of the Year –This will award the best video done by a male artist.
• Best Choreography in Music Video – This will award the video with the best incorporation of dance (Well Choreographed).
• Best Story-Line Video of the Year – This will award the video with the most comprehensive flow of idea and relevance to
the songs content.
• Best New Comer Video of the Year – This will award the best video done by a new artist.
The Nominees will be launched on Friday through various platforms which include TV commercials, social media (Kubamba TV Official fan page on Facebook and Twitter: (@kubambatv).
The nominated videos will have been vetted by a team of qualified panelists with vast experience in both the music and the video production business.
Their eligibility period is between October 2012 and November 2013.