Inspirational word of the day comes from the founder of Shades Systems Eric Kinoti.
I believe that everyone is born unique. But through the years we work very hard to be like everyone else. We conform to society’s so-called “common-sense.” Unfortunately it is just that – “common sense.” That does not mean its “good sense.” We are made to believe that If we want to get what everyone is getting, do what everyone is doing.
Young people are very afraid to be different. They don’t want to create their own path, they choose to get comfortable with the standards set by our society. Our society celebrates mediocrity so much that it does not take much to set yourself above the rest. Doing that one thing regularly will put you way above the rest. Being different.
Being different means:- Not being afraid to challenge the norm.- Being willing to take a chance.- Asking why.- Making your own track, not just following the well trodden path.- Charting your own course and destiny.- Being the person that you were meant to be and living everyday as if it was your last.
A saying we’ve all heard before, but few of us have actually given it any thought. Living each day like it’s your last;
- Forces you to think about your priorities.
- It forces you to quit the things that waste your time and energy and to concentrate on the most important things and people in your life.
- If you live that way you make better choices, you treasure each moment and suck the life out of every hour.
- It removes the clutter and garbage that so often chokes our lives.
Living each day like it’s your last is not about living in gloom and fear of death. Rather it is about:
- Grabbing every opportunity.
- Not procrastinating.
- Doing today what you could put off till tomorrow.
- Reaching out to your dreams today.
- Not letting another moment pass you by.
- Living life to the full.
Don’t conform to the societal common sense, dare to be different.